It’s been a few days since our first preview service, and we’re still riding high on the energy God’s people and Spirit brought to CityFlats Sunday morning! We are excited to gather as a family of believers every Sunday in a few short months.
Our first preview service set the precedent for what City Chapel hopes to be; a church community on a journey to best live out our faith together. As a church, we’re dedicated to building partnerships with organizations to create a culture of collaboration and cooperation instead of competition amongst organizations and churches in Grand Rapids.
At our first preview service, our partner, Dégagé Ministries, shared how they are serving the homeless and under-resourced in Grand Rapids. It’s our hope that partnerships with Dégagé and other ministries will de-emphasize the church as separate from the world’s pain and open our hearts and eyes to God’s love for His people. And, in response, take action and care for our neighbors in need.
We at City Chapel are thankful for:
- people who stepped up and helped during the preview service. It is a joy to be in community and love each other through sharing our gifts!
- new faces within our congregation. We celebrate new friends and love worshiping with you.
- the Vital Worship Grant from the Calvin Institute of Worship. Stay tuned for details on the upcoming art show on July 12!
- continual financial support from our friends and families through gifts and donations.
- our sending churches; Lagrave CRC, Zion Reformed, and Fifth Reformed for their partnership and support.
We also acknowledge we are small and it’s only through God’s grace we can move forward. And so we pray for:
- family and friends who continue to wonder about their participation at City Chapel. We ask for clarity about what steps to take next.
- any anxiety that surfaces during this time of transition to give way to trust.
- Dégagé ministries and the work they are doing in Grand Rapids.
We covet your prayers and support as we prepare for City Chapel’s next preview service on July 22 at CityFlats Hotel. We would love to see you there, along with a friend or two!